POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So many questions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  So many questions (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Invisible
Subject: So many questions
Date: 7 Jun 2011 04:43:16
Message: <4dede4a4@news.povray.org>
Fact: The shear modulus of the human brain matter is 1680 Pa.

Question: Why /the hell/ does Wolfram Alpha know this??

Seriously. Like, somebody took a sample of human brain and actually
measured how hard you can squish it? WHY?!?

Post a reply to this message

> Fact: The shear modulus of the human brain matter is 1680 Pa.
>
> Question: Why /the hell/ does Wolfram Alpha know this??

Next Question:

Why /the hell/ do you know that WA knows this??

> Seriously. Like, somebody took a sample of human brain and actually
> measured how hard you can squish it? WHY?!?

Forensics? Better evaluation of crash test results?

Post a reply to this message

>> Fact: The shear modulus of the human brain matter is 1680 Pa.
>>
>> Question: Why /the hell/ does Wolfram Alpha know this??
>
> Next Question:
>
> Why /the hell/ do you know that WA knows this??

I was actually looking for the number of neurons in a typical human
brain. I guess my query wasn't specific enough. Instead, I got a list of
parameters including "Poisson's ratio", "specific heat" and density of
the brain. (Why the *hell* would you measure the brain's specific heat??)

>> Seriously. Like, somebody took a sample of human brain and actually
>> measured how hard you can squish it? WHY?!?
>
> Forensics? Better evaluation of crash test results?

Hmm, yes, that's about the only sane explanation I can think of...

Post a reply to this message