POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : heh - conspiracy theories Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  heh - conspiracy theories (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Darren New
Subject: heh - conspiracy theories
Date: 9 May 2011 12:10:20
Message: <4dc811ec$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2240#comic

Funny how that works for creationists too.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Re: heh - conspiracy theories
Date: 9 May 2011 18:31:34
Message: <4dc86b46$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/2011 9:10 AM, Darren New wrote:
> http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2240#comic
>
> Funny how that works for creationists too.

Except that creationists tend to skip step 3, and just go around
claiming they have some "new and never heard" thing that proves their
points. You know, as in, "old, tried multiple times, and yet they are
somehow oblivious to how many other people use the same assertions".

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 9 May 2011 22:50:00
Message: <web.4dc8a6db3b2381a1a71ada020@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> On 5/9/2011 9:10 AM, Darren New wrote:
> > http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2240#comic
> >
> > Funny how that works for creationists too.
> >
> Except that creationists tend to skip step 3, and just go around
> claiming they have some "new and never heard" thing that proves their
> points. You know, as in, "old, tried multiple times, and yet they are
> somehow oblivious to how many other people use the same assertions".

I think that's the 1000th time you say something along those lines in this
forum.  This week alone.  What would be of atheists if there were non-believers,
huh?  My guess is that they'd be pebble collectors, obsessively scrutinizing
every cranny and nook after more shiny pebbles.

BTW, I'm under the impression that's what happens to a bunch of people who never
met in person yet hang around in the same raytracing forum for years:  they
become self-referential parodies of themselves and start sounding like
chat-bots.

How about changing subjects?  Catch any fish these days?

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 9 May 2011 23:05:40
Message: <4dc8ab84$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/2011 19:45, nemesis wrote:
> How about changing subjects?  Catch any fish these days?

For the record, I posted it primarily because Warp so enjoys the people who
deny the moon landings and such. The creationist comment was just an aside. :-)

From: Warp
Date: 10 May 2011 14:08:47
Message: <4dc97f2f@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I think that's the 1000th time you say something along those lines in this
> forum.  This week alone.  What would be of atheists if there were non-believers,
> huh?  My guess is that they'd be pebble collectors, obsessively scrutinizing
> every cranny and nook after more shiny pebbles.

> BTW, I'm under the impression that's what happens to a bunch of people who never
> met in person yet hang around in the same raytracing forum for years:  they
> become self-referential parodies of themselves and start sounding like
> chat-bots.

> How about changing subjects?  Catch any fish these days?

  Do *you* have any topic that is more interesting, instead of complaints?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 10 May 2011 14:12:59
Message: <4dc9802b$1@news.povray.org>
no, I'm just a repetitive chatbot myself too.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 10 May 2011 14:42:17
Message: <4dc98709@news.povray.org>

> no, I'm just a repetitive chatbot myself too.

I'm not repetiti CLOCK! ot repetiti CLOCK! ot repetiti CLOCK! ot
repetiti CLOCK! ot repetiti CLOCK! ot repetiti CLOCK! ot repetiti CLOCK!

From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 10 May 2011 17:37:16
Message: <4dc9b00c$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/2011 7:45 PM, nemesis wrote:
> Patrick Elliott<sel### [at] npgcablecom>  wrote:
>> On 5/9/2011 9:10 AM, Darren New wrote:
>>> http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2240#comic
>>>
>>> Funny how that works for creationists too.
>>>
>> Except that creationists tend to skip step 3, and just go around
>> claiming they have some "new and never heard" thing that proves their
>> points. You know, as in, "old, tried multiple times, and yet they are
>> somehow oblivious to how many other people use the same assertions".
>
> I think that's the 1000th time you say something along those lines in this
> forum.  This week alone.  What would be of atheists if there were non-believers,
> huh?  My guess is that they'd be pebble collectors, obsessively scrutinizing
> every cranny and nook after more shiny pebbles.

Gee.. Cranky much? And, no, this forum is not the only place I hang out
at. The one that I hang out at more is one where I *see* these sorts of,
"I am sure you haven't heard this argument before!", people show up to
drop nonsense assertions about everything from 9/11 truthers, to
creationism, depending on just which subject happens to be under
discussion at the time. An obscure post on the subject of conspiracy
theories is hardly the same as a 5 page article on the formation of
dendrites (or some such), and the underlying evolution of the genome to
produce those, but its precisely the sort of place you get some moron
showing up to proclaim that their dog never gave birth to a cat, so
somehow the entire article is worthless nonsense. And that is just when
the topic is biology, not, "Why are we still fighting some of these
wars?", which sometimes the blogger posts.

On that one, I think he is missing the point BTW. He calls it a war on
an idea. Its not, its a war on a method, one that has been used,
successfully, against clinics, less successfully against animal labs,
and which people will keep using, and others ignoring, as long as the
apparent goal is something they agree with, even to the point where they
refuse to call it the same thing. You can't fight an idea. But you can't
pretend that people don't use the method, and ignore that its in use,
and who supports it either.

So, being a subject I am familiar with, I should not state the obvious,
with relation to someone else's comment on the subject in question?

Oh, and I hate fishing.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 10 May 2011 23:50:44
Message: <op.vvasysccufxv4h@xena>
On Tue, 10 May 2011 23:37:06 +0200, Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom>
wrote:

> On 5/9/2011 7:45 PM, nemesis wrote:

> Oh, and I hate fishing.

Me too :)

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 11 May 2011 12:15:13
Message: <op.vvbrfltjufxv4h@xena>
On Mon, 09 May 2011 18:10:18 +0200, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

> http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2240#comic

Does anyone know where to find that website about how some-one made fake
lasers on the 9-11 footage?

--
-Nekar Xenos-