POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Only two weeks until the End of the World Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Only two weeks until the End of the World (Message 1 to 10 of 97)
From: Warp
Subject: Only two weeks until the End of the World
Date: 6 May 2011 10:47:40
Message: <4dc40a0c@news.povray.org>
If you have been following any of the crazy things that are happening
in the United States, one of the latest fads is this prophecy that the
end of the world, as told by the bible, is going to happen 21st of this
month, ie. two weeks from now. The people behind this "prophecy" are so
serious about it that it's not confined to the internet, but in the US
there are big billboards announcing it, not to talk about TV and other
media. They have made it a rather big thing. (I'm sure you'll find this
on google if you didn't know about it already.)

  I'll be taking bets on how they will explain it away when it will not
happen. (I suppose it will go something along the lines of "God, in his
infinite mercy, took pity on us and has given us more time to repent
before the rapture really happens".)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>    I'll be taking bets on how they will explain it away when it will not
> happen.

How many times have people claimed that the world is days away from
ending? I lose count...

Post a reply to this message

> >    I'll be taking bets on how they will explain it away when it will not
> > happen.

> How many times have people claimed that the world is days away from
> ending? I lose count...

  Yeah, but this one must be real because they used math to calculate the
day.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> How many times have people claimed that the world is days away from
>> ending? I lose count...
>
>    Yeah, but this one must be real because they used math to calculate the
> day.

Oh, well, in that case...

Required XKCD quote: http://xkcd.com/704/

Post a reply to this message

>    If you have been following any of the crazy things that are happening
> in the United States, one of the latest fads is this prophecy that the
> end of the world, as told by the bible, is going to happen 21st of this
> month, ie. two weeks from now. The people behind this "prophecy" are so

Ah, dang. I better make sure my insurance is paid up.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message