POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Only two weeks until the End of the World Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Only two weeks until the End of the World (Message 18 to 27 of 97)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Only two weeks until the End of the World
Date: 7 May 2011 05:21:07
Message: <4dc50f03@news.povray.org>
> On Fri, 06 May 2011 16:52:10 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> > On 5/6/2011 14:59, Jim Henderson wrote:
> >> Since my new social security card won't get here until the 20th
> >
> > Why do you need a new social security card? You're in the USA, yes?

> Yes.  All the jobs I've had in the past, when it came time to do the
> paperwork, they wanted the SS card.  At least that's what I remember, but
> if anything, it's an excuse to take a couple of weeks and not make a
> hasty decision.  I don't need to rush, for once, I can take my time while
> not having to focus on job responsibilities.

  I think the point of the question was why do you need a *new* SS card.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 7 May 2011 05:27:38
Message: <4dc5108a@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Why are Christians listening to some-one that ignores scriptures Matt.
> 24:36 ???But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in
> heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

  I can hand-wave it: He was talking to his listeners. Nobody living then
would know when the world will end. However, there are other passages which
suggest that in the end of times God will reveal more and more information.
After all, it says in the book of Daniel 12:4:

"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time
of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

Le 2011/05/07 01:21, Jim Henderson a écrit :
> On Fri, 06 May 2011 16:52:10 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>
>> On 5/6/2011 14:59, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> Since my new social security card won't get here until the 20th
>>
>> Why do you need a new social security card? You're in the USA, yes?
>
> Yes.  All the jobs I've had in the past, when it came time to do the
> paperwork, they wanted the SS card.  At least that's what I remember, but
> if anything, it's an excuse to take a couple of weeks and not make a
> hasty decision.  I don't need to rush, for once, I can take my time while
> not having to focus on job responsibilities.
>
> Jim

Ok, but are'nt those cards have a life long validity? They never expire.
I mean, you get one, you keep it indefinitely and never need to replace
it unless somewho you destroy or loose it.

Post a reply to this message