POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A kind of revolution is happening in the United States Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  A kind of revolution is happening in the United States (Message 91 to 100 of 452)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: A kind of revolution is happening in the United States
Date: 14 Apr 2011 12:59:30
Message: <4da727f2@news.povray.org>
> On 4/13/2011 23:11, Warp wrote:
> > I don't really even understand why they are so fixated
> > about that "kind hypothesis" anyways, as if it was somehow crucial.

> Because we have examples of observed evolution of new species during
> sufficiently recent history that it's scientific evidence. Hence, they can't
> say a kind is a species, because then they'd be admitting evolution actually
> happens.

  So it's a kind of concession in the face of insurmountable evidence?

  What I find amusing is these intelligent designers who concede that
variation happens within species, and even go so far as to concede that
*speciation* happens (even if they only concede it so far as it happening
only within their mythical "kind"), yet they vehemently attest that these
are not evidence of evolution, and that the theory of evolution is totally
false and unscientific, requires more faith than religion, and whatnot.
Yet variation, speciation and natural selection is what the theory of
evolution is all about.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message