From: Darren New
Date: 14 Apr 2011 13:16:21
Message: <4da72be5$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/14/2011 4:47, Invisible wrote:
> Sounds like America is the least-free country in the free world. o_O

In many ways, yes.  Some ways are really well defended. Others, not so much.

> [Repeat this exact conversation 6 or 7 times before the guy finally gives up
> trying to understand and asks me about something else.]

That's not stupid. That's just not thinking like a computer scientist.

> depending on your point of view. But the complete inability of the man to
> comprehend a VERY SIMPLE CONCEPT even after having me explain it six
> different ways cannot be regarded as a good thing from any perspective.

It's only simple if you think his job should be to understand the scripts.
I'd say his failure was asking you for the details in the first place.

> The other Americans I've worked with have all been similarly dense. Perhaps
> this is a reflection not of America, but of upper management. :-P

Go read Dilbert. ;-)

Plus, you're interacting with them in a very restricted way about a very
restricted topic. If you went out to the pub with them and asked them the
meaning of life, they might be tremendously insightful. (Or not, mind.)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like