POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Japan Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Japan (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Japan
Date: 11 Mar 2011 17:56:33
Message: <4d7aa8a1$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 22:28:59 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 11/03/2011 10:00 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Yes - the thing that really shocked me was seeing the damage from the
>> tsunami in*California*.  That an entire bay was essentially destroyed
>> in CA from this gave me pause just because of the distance it traveled
>> before causing that damage - and thinking how much worse it is in
>> Japan.
>
> You can get the BBC sites. You may have seen this.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12709850

Yeah, some stills were taken from that video footage for another article
I was reading on it.

Steve's been having trouble getting news in English there (his Japanese
is pretty good for conversation, but following along on a news broadcast
is another thing).  He's been trying to catch it on the BBC and on Al
Jazeera's English site.

Jim

Post a reply to this message