POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 21:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? (Message 163 to 172 of 182)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
Date: 13 Oct 2009 19:51:56
Message: <4ad5129c$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 13-10-2009 18:06, Darren New wrote:
>> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>>>     Elections don't quite fix that. Just because I elected certain
>>> "good" people doesn't mean the system will change for the better. The
>>> president can't just change everything if he wants to.
>>
>> Plus, the USA's legal system isn't like europe. We don't have a
>> parliment where it makes sense to run a few people on one specific
>> platform like the Pirate Party. You have to pick someone who has a
>> whole mix of views (about which they are likely lying), and hope they
>> agree with you more than they disagree, even if they get elected.
>
> I'd rather vote for someone who has though about issues and is willing
> to try to solve them than for someone who agrees with me.

Sure. We'd all like that. Except for the huuuge number of people who don't
think real hard and don't appreciate others thinking either.

If you want people to vote for the things you want to see happen, it looks
like the parliament system works better than ours.

> As an outsider I have my doubts about how
> ethically they actually were, but that may be just me.

No, it's really not just you. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)