POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One-click viewing of MPG's in Firefox Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:31:11 EDT (-0400)
  One-click viewing of MPG's in Firefox (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: gregjohn
Subject: One-click viewing of MPG's in Firefox
Date: 3 Oct 2009 08:45:01
Message: <web.4ac7469ed1d5c14934d207310@news.povray.org>
Hi. I've noted lately that for me in Firefox, clicking on an MPG file brings up
the Quicktime [*] symbol, which then ends in a question mark.

Q: what's the quickest and easiest path to fix this?

[*] Rant against Quicktime: If you're *that* clueless/ obstructionist as to be
unable to play one of the more basic formats from since at least the 1990's, why
would I **ever** pay you money to upgrade?

Post a reply to this message

> Hi. I've noted lately that for me in Firefox, clicking on an MPG file brings up
> the Quicktime [*] symbol, which then ends in a question mark.

> Q: what's the quickest and easiest path to fix this?

  Uninstall quicktime? ;)

  The more laborious way would probably be going to preferences > applications
and search for 'mpg' or the like, and edit the association and change it to
what you want.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   The more laborious way would probably be going to preferences > applications

  In Firefox, that is (not in Quicktime).

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>>    The more laborious way would probably be going to preferences>  applications
>
>    In Firefox, that is (not in Quicktime).

	Would be awesome if Quicktime let you do this.<G>

--
How do frogs die? Ker-mit suicide.

Post a reply to this message