POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : On Linux Server Time
28 Sep 2024 15:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  On Linux (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: On Linux
Date: 21 Sep 2009 15:16:19
Message: <4ab7d103$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.bash.org/?741630

http://www.bash.org/?7748

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Warp
Subject: Re: On Linux
Date: 21 Sep 2009 15:47:13
Message: <4ab7d840@news.povray.org>
> http://www.bash.org/?741630

  I have heard or rumors of really, really old mainframes or other such
servers which have an uptime of something like 30 years and nobody dares
to turn them off because they might not boot up anymore, and there aren't
any people who would still have the knowledge to fix them. I don't know
if these rumors have any veracity, though.

> http://www.bash.org/?7748

  Useless use of 'wc'. Should use grep's -c option.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   I have heard or rumors of really, really old mainframes or other such
> servers which have an uptime of something like 30 years and nobody dares
> to turn them off because they might not boot up anymore, and there aren't
> any people who would still have the knowledge to fix them. I don't know
> if these rumors have any veracity, though.

FWIW, apparently 2287 days is about 6 years or something. (I have no
idea about Linux kernel numbers. What's the current version??)

>> http://www.bash.org/?7748
>
>   Useless use of 'wc'. Should use grep's -c option.

I was more amused by this guy trying to track down a single bracket
amount 20 thousand others just like it... That stuff can't be any fun at
all!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/