POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The cure is a hundred times worse than the disease? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 23:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  The cure is a hundred times worse than the disease? (Message 22 to 31 of 31)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: The cure is a hundred times worse than the disease?
Date: 18 Sep 2009 00:55:01
Message: <web.4ab3125ed99e69e777a293f20@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> >   Thus it's not "crazy" to be scared of a flu pandemic.
>
>   However, do you know what *is* crazy? Thousands of pigs being slaughtered
> and international import bans on pork.

They are slaughtered everyday.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 18 Sep 2009 02:28:20
Message: <f3a6b5957g25ea2tctujo8ukb8uimspqc9@4ax.com>
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 02:32:46 +0200, clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

>Stephen schrieb:
>
>>> And in
>>> the netherlands, which might have the highest "density" of cyclists,
>>> they have a remarkably good system of separate ways for their "fietsen",
>>> so even there it's a no-issue.
>>
>> That's not what I found when I worked in Eindhoven. The cyclists scared me half
>> to death when I was walking about the town centre. :)
>
>Mind you, I was referring to bicycles vs. automobile traffic - not
>bicycles vs. pedestrians :-)

I knew that but I'm emotionally scarred. ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 18 Sep 2009 03:18:28
Message: <4ab33444$1@news.povray.org>
>  In Finland these are quite common:
> http://otoksia.fi/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/kevyen-liikenteen-katkoviiv.jpg

Which side of the dashed line can I expect oncoming cyclists to use?  The
dashed line to me makes it look like they should come on the left (and I
stay on the right) like a normal car road, but then the sign seems to
indicate bikes should stay to the right of the centre (or is that just a
general sign to say the road is shared, where the vertical line is
meaningless?).

Post a reply to this message