POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That time again Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  That time again (Message 21 to 30 of 38)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: That time again
Date: 18 Apr 2009 15:34:56
Message: <tfaku4l7o2bigu4h82us1mfu2rqrlqr89a@4ax.com>
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 20:24:26 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:54:35 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>
>>>    Yes, but now get some 'soul' into it brother.
>
>> Hi Steve, you've woken up? :)
>
>    Yeah, I think so, just. ;)
>
>    It's been a tough, tough, time recently my friend. I owe you an email.
>:)

When you have the time.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 18 Apr 2009 16:32:20
Message: <49ea38d4$1@news.povray.org>
>> Where are you sitting and I'll try to get something close.
>
> That's assuming that you want to meet up.

Well, I'll definitely be there, and there's going to be some neat music.
We'll see what happens on the night though. I seem to recall there being
an interval half way though. Just look out for the crazy-looking guy
trying to claim onto the organ console - that'll probably be me! ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>   Is that a checkered floor? Is there a reflecting sphere behind the
> window?

I wonder if anybody will point out any of the other interesting objects
in my room...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>   Is that a checkered floor? Is there a reflecting sphere behind the
>> window?
>
> I wonder if anybody will point out any of the other interesting objects
> in my room...

I won't, but it is clear that this room needs a female touch. ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 20 Apr 2009 04:12:24
Message: <49ec2e68$1@news.povray.org>
>> I wonder if anybody will point out any of the other interesting
>> objects in my room...
>
> I won't, but it is clear that this room needs a female touch. ;)

The room? Or its owner?

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 20 Apr 2009 04:13:39
Message: <49ec2eb3$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> STRAUSS Sunrise from Also Sprach Zarathustra BACH Toccata & Fugue
>> WALTON Crown Imperial KOENIG Post Horn Galop SAINT-SAENS Organ
>> Symphony MASCAGNI Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana CLARKE Trumpet
>> Voluntary ALBINONI Adagio WIDOR Toccata ELGAR Cockaigne Overture, Land
>> of Hope and Glory
>
> Guess that about wraps it up for famous organ works, huh? :)

When I went to this last year, there seemed to be a surprising lack of
organ playing involved. Some of the pieces seemed to be completely
orchestral, with maybe a few seconds of organ, but otherwise nothing.

Meh, whatever. I only went to I could listen to Bach. I got Widor for
free. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 20 Apr 2009 12:23:32
Message: <49eca184$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> The room? Or its owner?

Just the room ):->
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 20 Apr 2009 14:34:20
Message: <49ecc02c$1@news.povray.org>
>> The room? Or its owner?
>
> Just the room ):->

Aww, but I *want* to be touched...

Er, OK, I take that back. My mum just walked past. o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: scott
Date: 21 Apr 2009 02:59:54
Message: <49ed6eea$1@news.povray.org>
> And then watch this:
>
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1tmjA_c8SQ
>
> Improvement, much? :-D

AWSOME ROLEX!

It sounds so good that it doesn't seem like it's coming from the keyboard,
maybe that's also the sound samples you are using, but still really good.

PS Yes, your room is really untidy :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 21 Apr 2009 04:26:12
Message: <49ed8324$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> I wonder if anybody will point out any of the other interesting objects
> in my room...

Well let me see now... There's a copy of Godel, Escher, Bach clearly
visible. Oh, and take a look at my monitor stand - looks like I found a
good use for A New Kind of Science after all! :-D

Less obviously, there's a copy of Classic FM Organ Tocattas resting on
my keyboard. There's also a plasma ball in shot, and several glass paper
weights. There's the box for a Casio graphing calculator. (That's not
actually mine; my graphing calculator is a higher spec.)

Even less obvious, there's my latest bank statement resting on top of
the book. I hadn't noticed that - but I'm fairly sure you can't read it.
There's a HP LaserJet 1000 printer behind that. The black thing resting
on top of it is my IR thermometer in its black leather carry case. Next
to the printer you can just make out a grey thing; that's my camera.

Getting *really* freaking obscure... you can just make out a copy of
Widor's Tocatta propped up in the bottom-right corner of the frame.
Notice the hand-written scape of notes balanced on the function knob on
my synthesizer. (I suck at reading music!) The mini CD you can see is an
earlier recording of my playing this tocatta, as luck would have it. You
can also see Enya's "And Winter Came" propped up. Next to it is Mike
Oldfield's "Music of the Spheres". (Even *I* only know that because I
remember it.)

So there we have it. Aren't you enlightened? :-P

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>