POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That time again : Re: That time again Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That time again
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Apr 2009 04:26:12
Message: <49ed8324$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> I wonder if anybody will point out any of the other interesting objects
> in my room...

Well let me see now... There's a copy of Godel, Escher, Bach clearly
visible. Oh, and take a look at my monitor stand - looks like I found a
good use for A New Kind of Science after all! :-D

Less obviously, there's a copy of Classic FM Organ Tocattas resting on
my keyboard. There's also a plasma ball in shot, and several glass paper
weights. There's the box for a Casio graphing calculator. (That's not
actually mine; my graphing calculator is a higher spec.)

Even less obvious, there's my latest bank statement resting on top of
the book. I hadn't noticed that - but I'm fairly sure you can't read it.
There's a HP LaserJet 1000 printer behind that. The black thing resting
on top of it is my IR thermometer in its black leather carry case. Next
to the printer you can just make out a grey thing; that's my camera.

Getting *really* freaking obscure... you can just make out a copy of
Widor's Tocatta propped up in the bottom-right corner of the frame.
Notice the hand-written scape of notes balanced on the function knob on
my synthesizer. (I suck at reading music!) The mini CD you can see is an
earlier recording of my playing this tocatta, as luck would have it. You
can also see Enya's "And Winter Came" propped up. Next to it is Mike
Oldfield's "Music of the Spheres". (Even *I* only know that because I
remember it.)

So there we have it. Aren't you enlightened? :-P