POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baa...wait, what? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Baa...wait, what? (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Baa...wait, what?
Date: 5 Apr 2009 17:45:05
Message: <49D92660.2030209@hotmail.com>

http://www.moving-picture.com/index.php/digital/571-samsung-extreme-sheep-led-art.html#id=album-34252&num=1

>   Well, that's a disappointment.

How would you keep the black and white sheeps together and in place when
forming the big sheep? What would the dogs have to do to move one leg of
sheep through another without disrupting that group?
Also how do you keep the middle line in pong more or less positioned
while there is a group of sheep with dogs passing?
I haven't even got a clue why the mona lise is in there and what they
try to suggest. Probably only because they can use the leonardo
baa-vinci joke.
The fireworks is another impossibility in coordinating closely
positioned sheep groups.

although IANASH, I though it had 'fake' written all over it.

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 5 Apr 2009 17:47:41
Message: <49D926FD.9000207@hotmail.com>
On 5-4-2009 23:34, Gilles Tran wrote:

> news:49D### [at] hotmailcom...
>> Of course it is fake, but I found it hilarious. It is a brilliant
>> concept. I particularly laughed at the pong session. I wonder how many
>> of the youngsters here have ever played that game.
>> But how come you already know where to find the reference to the
>> making of?
>
> The video made the rounds 2 weeks ago.

I hadn't seen it, so probably I have not the right group of friends. :(

> I've seen a few sheep herding competitions
In France?

> and handled farm animals
In France?

> so there was no way this could be
> real, so I did some checking. Border collies are good (I've seen some
> herding geese !), but not *** that *** good. In any case the link to the
> FX shop comes up in the second page of a Google search for LED+sheep.
> And yes, the video is great, there's nothing disappointing about it
> being fake if one knows it's impossible anyway.
>
> G.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 5 Apr 2009 17:56:13
Message: <49d928fd$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> I haven't even got a clue why the mona lise is in there and what they
> try to suggest.

I think the idea was they put different colors on different sheep, then
herded them to form pixels, and painted the mona lisa in 10x10 blocks or
something like that, taking pictures and stitching them together at the end.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: nemesis
Date: 5 Apr 2009 18:15:00
Message: <web.49d92cb16f3845f8b0025eb50@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> although IANASH, I though it had 'fake' written all over it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goopymart/1086012330/

Post a reply to this message

From: Chambers
Date: 6 Apr 2009 05:01:39
Message: <49d9c4f3$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/5/2009 1:09 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Kind of reminds me of that beer commercial:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv5U0W8FDDk
> Probably easier to put this one together without computers, tho. :-)

Funny, since I was just listening to the original today :)

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 6 Apr 2009 11:17:09
Message: <49da1cf5@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> >   Well, that's a disappointment.
> >
> How would you keep the black and white sheeps together and in place when
> forming the big sheep? What would the dogs have to do to move one leg of
> sheep through another without disrupting that group?

  I didn't say "I don't believe it's computer-generated". I said "well,
that's a disappointment".

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 6 Apr 2009 14:53:49
Message: <49DA4FBC.1070704@hotmail.com>
On 6-4-2009 17:17, Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>>>   Well, that's a disappointment.
>>>
>> How would you keep the black and white sheeps together and in place when
>> forming the big sheep? What would the dogs have to do to move one leg of
>> sheep through another without disrupting that group?
>
>   I didn't say "I don't believe it's computer-generated". I said "well,
> that's a disappointment".

I didn't say you did. I simply explained why *I* didn't expect anything
else. The key is in my last line. One you didn't quote.