POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual Linux Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Virtual Linux (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Virtual Linux
Date: 2 Feb 2009 15:30:37
Message: <498757ed$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so I've been playing around with Linux on a virtual machine, but I
have a question: Has anybody put together a Linux distro that is
especially designed to be run on a virtual machine?

I mean, if I'm running on a virtual machine, I do *not* require
functionality such as software RAID, USB support, temparature
monitoring, Bluetooth support, Firewire support, hardware diagnostics,
printing and scanning, CD-burning, or *cough* virtualisation. (What sick
weirdo runs a VM inside a VM??)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> OK, so I've been playing around with Linux on a virtual machine, but I
> have a question: Has anybody put together a Linux distro that is
> especially designed to be run on a virtual machine?

No, but you could always try a minimalist distro, like damnsmall Linux
or Puppy Linux:

http://distrowatch.com/

Are you willing to learn the ways of the command-line or user-level GUI?

Post a reply to this message