POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woo, GPU! Server Time
30 Sep 2024 01:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Woo, GPU! (Message 11 to 20 of 71)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Woo, GPU!
Date: 28 Jan 2009 16:46:47
Message: <4980d247@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> When did it get common to tack a "U" on the end of "Power Supply"?
> Nobody calls it a Power Supply Unit. :-)

Er... I do?

I've always seen it referred to as PSU. (When it's referred to by a
specific term, at any rate. Typically it's something that just comes
with the case...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Jan 2009 16:49:40
Message: <4980d2f4$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

 > THIS mutha... is... a solid metal brick, 265 mm by 110 mm by 40 mm.

Hahahahaha!

Wanna take a guess what the distance between the motherboard's
PCI-Express sockets and the motherboard's SATA sockets is?

Hint: It isn't 110 mm.

So... unless I don't connect any SATA devices, it is *actually
impossible* to fit this particular graphics card. Weeeeee!! :-D

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> When did it get common to tack a "U" on the end of "Power Supply"? Nobody
> calls it a Power Supply Unit. :-)

  "PSU" is more unambiguous than "PS".

--
                                                          - Warp