POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) Server Time
30 Sep 2024 03:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) (Message 7 to 16 of 26)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg)
Date: 28 Jan 2009 16:42:30
Message: <4980d146$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Yes, if you believe this psuedoscience, highly dilute penicilin would
> act as an extremely potent antibiotic

No. To make a homeopathic remedy, you dilute something that causes the
symptoms. So to make a cure for poison ivy, you dilute something that
irritates your skin. The idea being (I think) that your body naturally
fights off the very dilute stuff and in so doing cures the poison ivy, too.

So dilute penicillin causes infections.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"

Post a reply to this message

> > Yes, if you believe this psuedoscience, highly dilute penicilin would
> > act as an extremely potent antibiotic
>
> No. To make a homeopathic remedy, you dilute something that causes the
> symptoms. So to make a cure for poison ivy, you dilute something that
> irritates your skin. The idea being (I think) that your body naturally
> fights off the very dilute stuff and in so doing cures the poison ivy, too.
>
> So dilute penicillin causes infections.

Sounds highly counterintuitive.

Post a reply to this message

>> No. To make a homeopathic remedy, you dilute something that causes the
>> symptoms. So to make a cure for poison ivy, you dilute something that
>> irritates your skin. The idea being (I think) that your body naturally
>> fights off the very dilute stuff and in so doing cures the poison ivy,
>> too.
>>
>> So dilute penicillin causes infections.
>
> Sounds highly counterintuitive.

Dilute penicillin . . . causes your body to develop an immunity to
penicillin?
*shrug*

--
Tim Cook