POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 13:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling stuff (Message 254 to 263 of 283)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Compiling stuff
Date: 17 Dec 2008 13:05:02
Message: <49493f4e$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:09:55 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> but once you
>> do, those drivers get downloaded and installed automatically.
>
> For you, maybe.

It's been generally reported to work well for most people.  That it
failed for you is not - how did you put it, again? ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 17 Dec 2008 13:12:08
Message: <494940f8$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> It's been generally reported to work well for most people.  That it
> failed for you is not - how did you put it, again? ;-)

Yep. I've already admitted my Linux experience seems cursed. On the other
hand, the number of "Works for me!" types of replies to complaints are legend.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

>> It's been generally reported to work well for most people.  That it
>> failed for you is not - how did you put it, again? ;-)
>
> Yep. I've already admitted my Linux experience seems cursed. On the
> other hand, the number of "Works for me!" types of replies to complaints
> are legend.

It's not hard to understand:  works for some, doesn't others, specially
the ones who wish it worked like Windows and with windows-only hardware
in a breeze, rather than learn it and its limitations and
compatibilities before buying new hardware.

Post a reply to this message