POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:13:23 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling stuff (Message 194 to 203 of 283)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Compiling stuff
Date: 16 Dec 2008 15:11:43
Message: <49480BDA.3080100@hotmail.com>
On 16-Dec-08 0:37, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 23:27:13 +0100, andrel wrote:

>>> Do *you* know what the keystroke to quit the program is? :-P
>>>
>> q or q! if you made changes. Am I missing something?
>
> technically, :q or :q! - the first will exit and prompt you if you made
> changes, the second will quit and not save your changes.  If you want to
> quit and save changes, then :w will write.  I prefer shift+ZZ myself, it
> quits and writes changes. :-)

me too. I have been known to type ZZ to exit emacs and a variety of
other editors.

BTW to connect a few treads: Andrew have you ever seen the Turing
machine as implemented in vi? I had it once, it should be somewhere on
the interweb, no doubt, but I can not immediately find it.

Post a reply to this message