POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling stuff (Message 164 to 173 of 283)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Compiling stuff
Date: 15 Dec 2008 23:39:13
Message: <494730f1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:18:25 -0600, Mueen Nawaz wrote:

> 	Let's be realistic: Linux could be a huge headache, especially
for one
> who's not very computer-savvy.

My wife's not very computer savvy, and she uses openSUSE 11.0
exclusively.  She hasn't touched Windows in years.

Her needs are fairly simple - web browsing, IM, writing tools.  She uses
an older Compaq laptop and has no problems at all (well, the speakers are
a bit tinny, but you can't blame Linux for that).

So sorry, I don't buy that.

Jim

Post a reply to this message