POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do trials by jury make sense? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Do trials by jury make sense? (Message 31 to 40 of 87)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Do trials by jury make sense?
Date: 28 Apr 2008 11:29:41
Message: <3arb145nf8tmbchm87jd7t73oc7eham3mi@4ax.com>
On 28 Apr 2008 11:05:20 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  Well, then we just have to disagree on that.

Agreed!
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 28 Apr 2008 11:33:22
Message: <4815ee42$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> triple_r <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> It's not
>> that I'm disagreeing with you, but it's also an idealization to assume a small
>> group of professionals is able to make just decisions.
>
>   At least they can have the necessary education and experience, which
> random people don't have.

Education and experience in what? Law enforcement? We already have them.
Prosecutors and judges.  The prosecutor can drop the case. The judge can
dismiss the case. You have to explain to a lawyer, a judge, *and* a jury
before people get convicted. No jury can falsely convict you of a crime
without the experts in law and criminology already falsely prosecuting
you for the crime.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"