POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Efficiency is... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Efficiency is... (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Efficiency is...
Date: 20 Apr 2008 11:18:20
Message: <480b5ebc$1@news.povray.org>
...running WinAmp for over 2 hours decoding Ogg Vorbis in realtime, and
seeing that it used a total of 4 seconds of CPU time.

(That's one impressive inverse MDCT!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Efficiency is...
Date: 20 Apr 2008 15:01:18
Message: <480b92fe$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> ...running WinAmp for over 2 hours decoding Ogg Vorbis in realtime, and
> seeing that it used a total of 4 seconds of CPU time.
>
> (That's one impressive inverse MDCT!)

!

That's pretty cool :)  Too bad we can't have POV ray trace in real time,
using <10% CPU time!

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

> That's pretty cool :)  Too bad we can't have POV ray trace in real time,
> using <10% CPU time!

Well, when somebody comes up with the equivilent of the Fast Fourier
Transform, maybe... ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> That's pretty cool :)  Too bad we can't have POV ray trace in real time,
> using <10% CPU time!

If we could, we would increase the detail on the scene to reach 100%
again :) YKYHBRTTLW...

Post a reply to this message