POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apparently... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Apparently... (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Apparently...
Date: 19 Apr 2008 00:16:20
Message: <48097214$1@news.povray.org>
...PnP device drivers are programmed into the device themselves, not
bundled as generic packages with windows
...one can decompile windows and see the original comments from the code
...75% of the space windows occupies is junk comments that can be
removed after aforementioned decompile
...a unix kernel has no form of security whatsoever; any security,
including non-superuser accounts, must be programmed by the admin
separately or dropped in as modules that the admin configures, and
contain 'back doors' that those in the know can readily access
...2 semesters of C and Pascal programming at university is sufficient
to establish certain knowledge that any system security that the OS
itself handles is bad, third-party software is definitely the way to go

*flabbergasted after dinner conversation with housemate*

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

> ...PnP device drivers are programmed into the device themselves, not
> bundled as generic packages with windows
> ...one can decompile windows and see the original comments from the code
> ...75% of the space windows occupies is junk comments that can be
> removed after aforementioned decompile
> ...a unix kernel has no form of security whatsoever; any security,
> including non-superuser accounts, must be programmed by the admin
> separately or dropped in as modules that the admin configures, and
> contain 'back doors' that those in the know can readily access
> ...2 semesters of C and Pascal programming at university is sufficient
> to establish certain knowledge that any system security that the OS
> itself handles is bad, third-party software is definitely the way to go

> *flabbergasted after dinner conversation with housemate*

  The sad thing is that bosses usually eagerly hire that kind of people
because they like what they are saying.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message