POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apparently... : Re: Apparently... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apparently...
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Apr 2008 11:48:27
Message: <480a144b@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> ....PnP device drivers are programmed into the device themselves, not
> bundled as generic packages with windows

This is actually true for some types of USB devices. I.e., USB has a
mechanism whereby it can provide the driver to the machine when you plug
it in. (I think the driver gets presented as files on a "removable disk"
interface, which the OS is supposed to recognise and install and restart
the USB device afterwards.)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"