POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Well, *that* was a waste of time... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  Well, *that* was a waste of time... (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Chambers
Subject: Well, *that* was a waste of time...
Date: 19 Apr 2008 19:26:01
Message: <480a7f89$1@news.povray.org>
This morning I downloaded Ubuntu 7.10 to try out.  After booting, I
would select the option to install, and it would drop me to a terminal,
with the system running off a RAM drive (ie, a live CD system).  No X
server, no apps, just the built in shell commands.

After searching the forums quite a bit, it seems that some people have
solved this by updating their BIOS.  Unfortunately, this didn't work for me.

Rather than trying the release candidate forrrrr 8.04, I'm now
downloaded Fedora 8.  We'll see if that works better.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message