POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : For your convenience... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  For your convenience... (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Darren New
Subject: For your convenience...
Date: 21 Apr 2008 22:58:00
Message: <480d5438$1@news.povray.org>
... we have enclosed a self-addressed envelope.

For *our* convenience, we made it small enough to easily fit in the
envelope *we* sent to *you*, which means the paper we want *you* to send
to *us* will not fit in the enclosed self-addressed envelope.

Have a nice day.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

> ... we have enclosed a self-addressed envelope.
>
> For *our* convenience, we made it small enough to easily fit in the
> envelope *we* sent to *you*, which means the paper we want *you* to send
> to *us* will not fit in the enclosed self-addressed envelope.
>
> Have a nice day.

...And of course We won't know what to with that bent paper you force
into our envelope.

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 22 Apr 2008 03:10:04
Message: <480d8f4c@news.povray.org>
> ... we have enclosed a self-addressed envelope.
>
> For *our* convenience, we made it small enough to easily fit in the
> envelope *we* sent to *you*, which means the paper we want *you* to send
> to *us* will not fit in the enclosed self-addressed envelope.

In the UK we often refer to it as a "stamped addressed envelope", meaning
they have already paid the postage for the return too.  If that's the case,
then simply attach the SAE to a much larger and heavier envelope that can
easily carry your papers (and any other random stuff you have lying around).
Then drop it in the post box :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Phil Cook
Date: 22 Apr 2008 11:11:41
Message: <op.t90puhqic3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:10:28 +0100, scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> did
spake, saying:

>> ... we have enclosed a self-addressed envelope.
>>
>> For *our* convenience, we made it small enough to easily fit in the
>> envelope *we* sent to *you*, which means the paper we want *you* to
>> send to *us* will not fit in the enclosed self-addressed envelope.
>
> In the UK we often refer to it as a "stamped addressed envelope",
> meaning they have already paid the postage for the return too.

Unless it's British Gas or British Telecom it which case it really is a
self-addressed envelope.

My fun is getting A4 folded sheets in a C5 envelope (~half-A4) with a SAE
DL-envelope. So you either use the existing fold and then fold it in half
again, which looks stupid in an envelope and can be tricky with multiple
pages; unfold it and refold it correctly, which is annoying when trying to
avoid the existing fold; or finally give up and stick it in one of your
own C5 envelopes with address and postage.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 22 Apr 2008 11:13:22
Message: <o20s04dp9mjoli6525h5ou8dh0585hqb1m@4ax.com>
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:12:07 +0100, "Phil Cook"
<phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:

>My fun is getting A4 folded sheets in a C5 envelope (~half-A4) with a SAE
>DL-envelope. So you either use the existing fold and then fold it in half
>again, which looks stupid in an envelope and can be tricky with multiple
>pages; unfold it and refold it correctly, which is annoying when trying to
>avoid the existing fold; or finally give up and stick it in one of your
>own C5 envelopes with address and postage.

I read a book between renders :)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Apr 2008 12:42:14
Message: <480e1566$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:58:00 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> which means the paper we want *you* to send to *us* will not fit in the
> enclosed self-addressed envelope.

Sure it will, one pass through the shredder is all it takes. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 22 Apr 2008 18:12:32
Message: <480e62d0$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> In the UK we often refer to it as a "stamped addressed envelope",
> meaning they have already paid the postage for the return too.

Good luck getting that in the USA, unless they're trying to get you to
sign up for something they'll bill you for later.

No, this was just an addressed envelope. :-)