POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another meeting? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Another meeting? (Message 21 to 30 of 74)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Another meeting?
Date: 16 Apr 2008 08:16:19
Message: <verb04ljfr8hvfbpme7kiq9nbnsolbnbfl@4ax.com>
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:47:50 +0100, "Phil Cook"
<phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:

>> I take it, that's a no then :)
>
>I think you can take that as read :-)
>
>> I did that journey every month from London for years.
>
>I note the direct train from Kings Cross to Aberdeen takes two hours less
>then from Brum in fact even the ones where you have to change are just
>under 8 hours oh and you have a direct train leaving at 21:40 to Euston
>that takes 10 hours.

I used to get the overnight "redeye"

>Nobody loves Birmingham :-(

I do, I often say that Glaswegian is the second most incomprehensible
dialect in the UK :)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Phil Cook
Date: 16 Apr 2008 09:48:02
Message: <op.t9phz1rkc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:16:17 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom>
did spake, saying:

> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:47:50 +0100, "Phil Cook"
> <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>

>>> I take it, that's a no then :)
>>
>> I think you can take that as read :-)
>>
>>> I did that journey every month from London for years.
>>
>> I note the direct train from Kings Cross to Aberdeen takes two hours
>> less
>> then from Brum in fact even the ones where you have to change are just
>> under 8 hours oh and you have a direct train leaving at 21:40 to Euston
>> that takes 10 hours.
>
> I used to get the overnight "redeye"

I noticed the overnighters, still direct and only 7 hours though tcch!

>> Nobody loves Birmingham :-(
>
> I do, I often say that Glaswegian is the second most incomprehensible
> dialect in the UK :)

Ah there I have the advantage of Londoners on my mothers side so I can be
incomprehensible in two dialects.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com