POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : T-Shirt Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:29:27 EDT (-0400)
  T-Shirt (Message 1 to 10 of 30)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: T-Shirt
Date: 3 Apr 2008 21:10:36
Message: <47f58e1c$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/8bad/

I sooooo need one of those. It describes me perfectl

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: T-Shirt
Date: 4 Apr 2008 03:42:06
Message: <47f5e9de@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> I sooooo need one of those. It describes me perfectl

It's the story of my life. So many great ideas, so little time to
complete them.

I think part of my problem is motivation. When I've completed something
really cool, I want people to gather round and say "hey, that's really
cool Andrew!" Usually about half way through a project I start to
realise that nobody on Earth is going to give a ****, and I loose the
will to go on with the project. :-(

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> I sooooo need one of those. It describes me perfectl
>
> It's the story of my life. So many great ideas, so little time to complete
> them.
>
> I think part of my problem is motivation. When I've completed something
> really cool, I want people to gather round and say "hey, that's really
> cool Andrew!" Usually about half way through a project I start to realise
> that nobody on Earth is going to give a ****, and I loose the will to go
> on with the project. :-(

    Well, you shouldn't be thinking like that Andrew, you should be doing
for your own satisfaction.

      ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Post a reply to this message

>> I think part of my problem is motivation. When I've completed something
>> really cool, I want people to gather round and say "hey, that's really
>> cool Andrew!" Usually about half way through a project I start to realise
>> that nobody on Earth is going to give a ****, and I loose the will to go
>> on with the project. :-(
>
>     Well, you shouldn't be thinking like that Andrew, you should be doing
> for your own satisfaction.

Yeah, but what's the point of achievement without rewards? Or at least
recognition?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> I think part of my problem is motivation. When I've completed something
>>> really cool, I want people to gather round and say "hey, that's really
>>> cool Andrew!" Usually about half way through a project I start to
>>> realise that nobody on Earth is going to give a ****, and I loose the
>>> will to go on with the project. :-(
>>
>>     Well, you shouldn't be thinking like that Andrew, you should be doing
>> for your own satisfaction.
>
> Yeah, but what's the point of achievement without rewards? Or at least
> recognition?

  Well, one thing I've learnt is that you need to perfect whatever it is
you're doing first, and 'then' you can show the whole world and possibly get
those rewards or recognition.

    ~Steve~