POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : T-Shirt : Re: T-Shirt Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: T-Shirt
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Apr 2008 07:03:09
Message: <47f618fd$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> There are lots of motivational targets, including those, but if recognition
> is your only one you're in for a lifetime of disappointment.
> Be happy doing the stuff you like and do it for your own enjoyment/mystical
> fulfillment/whatever rocks your personal boat. You can't expect people to
> like what you do if you don't enjoy doing it the first place...

I *enjoy* what I do - it's just that after I've done it, it feels
horribly hollow.

It's like, the other day I build a logic predicate solver. I was really
excited. I mentioned it here, and one person told me that I can't spell
"cleaver", and another told me I'd reinvented Prolog. Yay for me. :-\

It would just be nice if now and then I could do something that actually
*impresses* somebody...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/