POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic programming Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Logic programming (Message 49 to 58 of 68)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Logic programming
Date: 27 Mar 2008 14:25:13
Message: <47ebf499$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New escribió:
> I posted "Congrats, you've reinvented
> Prolog" and then deleted it when I realized it came out wrong.

Neat, I didn't know if canceling messages worked on this server.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 27 Mar 2008 15:24:21
Message: <47ec0275$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>>>   Some use money.
>
>> I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about "easier". :-P
>
>   Oh, I believe it's very easy. Give money, get something in return.
> (Never tried it, though.)

I meant that getting money appears to be far harder than getting
Prolog... ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 27 Mar 2008 15:32:30
Message: <47ec045e@news.povray.org>

> I meant that getting money appears to be far harder than getting
> Prolog... ;-)

You don't need that much money.

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 28 Mar 2008 04:04:57
Message: <47ecb4b9@news.povray.org>
>> I think you'd find that a lot of computer *users* don't write raytracers
>> in their spare time.  I can think of a handful of users here who probably
>> haven't (just off the top of my head).
>
> OK, well maybe it's just a vocal minority that makes it seem otherwise
> then? (How many times is *that* the way??)

I think that the people in this ng are the people who are most likely in the
whole world to even consider writing a ray tracer.  And even then, I
wouldn't imagine that many have actually written one, and even fewer gone
beyond the basic coloured spheres on a plane test.

Post a reply to this message

>> I posted "Congrats, you've reinvented Prolog" and then deleted it when
>> I realized it came out wrong.
>
> Neat, I didn't know if canceling messages worked on this server.

Via NNTP, it does. At least it seems to, yes.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"