POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender 2.46 RC1 Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:28:23 EDT (-0400)
  Blender 2.46 RC1 (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: stbenge
Subject: Blender 2.46 RC1
Date: 25 Mar 2008 18:52:04
Message: <47e99024@news.povray.org>
...is out.

http://www.blender.org/

Some pretty cool features in this release, including soft raytraced
shadows for all lamp types, cubic diffuse shading, approximate ambient
occlusion (reportedly fast), and others.

With YafRay support and all these new features, Blender sits atop the
hill with other big-name 3D packages, only it's free and small in size.
Gotta love the GNU Public License :)

Sam

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:52:05 -0700, stbenge wrote:

> ...is out.
>
> http://www.blender.org/
>
> Some pretty cool features in this release, including soft raytraced
> shadows for all lamp types, cubic diffuse shading, approximate ambient
> occlusion (reportedly fast), and others.
>
> With YafRay support and all these new features, Blender sits atop the
> hill with other big-name 3D packages, only it's free and small in size.
> Gotta love the GNU Public License :)
>
> Sam

Cool, need to see if the povray plugin works on it. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Some pretty cool features in this release, including soft raytraced
> shadows for all lamp types, cubic diffuse shading, approximate ambient
> occlusion (reportedly fast), and others.
>
> With YafRay support and all these new features, Blender sits atop the hill
> with other big-name 3D packages, only it's free and small in size. Gotta
> love the GNU Public License :)

Also need to check if my 3D mouse works properly with it now (there was very
buggy support before) - if so this will be a dream to use!

Post a reply to this message