POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender 2.46 RC1 : Re: Blender 2.46 RC1 Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender 2.46 RC1
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 26 Mar 2008 03:54:20
Message: <47ea0f3c$1@news.povray.org>

47e99024@news.povray.org...
> With YafRay support and all these new features, Blender sits atop the hill
> with other big-name 3D packages, only it's free and small in size. Gotta
> love the GNU Public License :)

Note that the Blender devs plan to remove YafRay support (due to the lack of
maintenance) after this version and are looking for a replacement.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/SundayMeetingAgenda/March_16th_2008
I'm not sure that POV-Ray could replace it at this stage though.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com