POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Realsoft3d now supports Solaris! Server Time
1 Jun 2024 14:11:14 EDT (-0400)
  Realsoft3d now supports Solaris! (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: INVALID ADDRESS
Subject: Realsoft3d now supports Solaris!
Date: 13 Dec 2016 02:54:20
Message: <1433796242.503308039.319108.gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom@news.povray.org>
I emailed Realsoft and asked if they could support Solaris x86 v10, and
unbelievably they actually went off and did it.

Just based on a question from a random internet dude.

Pretty impressive customer service, I must say.

Anyway I just wanted to let any fellow Solaris users know about this.
Apparently you get access to all supported platforms when you get a
license.

I am not a paid shill or anything, just impressed with their customer
service and an glad to have a nice program to use with Solaris, and $200
isn't bad. Back in the early 90s it was about a grand.

I will ask them about Povray support next, based on what happened the first
time I merely asked a question, I am optimistic. :)

Ian

Post a reply to this message

[GDS|Entropy] <gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom> wrote:
> I emailed Realsoft and asked if they could support Solaris x86 v10, and
> unbelievably they actually went off and did it.
>
> Just based on a question from a random internet dude.
>
> Pretty impressive customer service, I must say.
>
> Anyway I just wanted to let any fellow Solaris users know about this.
> Apparently you get access to all supported platforms when you get a
> license.
>
> I am not a paid shill or anything, just impressed with their customer
> service and an glad to have a nice program to use with Solaris, and $200
> isn't bad. Back in the early 90s it was about a grand.
>
> I will ask them about Povray support next, based on what happened the first
> time I merely asked a question, I am optimistic. :)
>
> Ian

It's possible they were already working on it before you asked. Also, I don't
see it mentioned on their website.

Post a reply to this message