POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : RoundEdge update and Object Collection upload problem (ping stbenge) Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:06:24 EDT (-0400)
  RoundEdge update and Object Collection upload problem (ping stbenge) (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: RoundEdge update and Object Collection upload problem (ping stbenge)
Date: 1 Mar 2013 18:00:01
Message: <web.5131328744033f878641e0c0@news.povray.org>
I added elliptical toroid meshes to RoundEdge, and also #version'd it to 3.5, as
that version is still used in circumstances where upgrading is not feasible.
The module is at:

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=RoundEdge&contributorTag=Cousin%20Ricky

(An isosurface implementation of elliptical toroids is still on my wish list, as
meshes cannot be blobbed without a modeling tool; however, my brain isn't as
mathematically adept as it was during my first semester of college.)

To Sam Benge:  If you can get a working upload of rlp, that would be most
welcome.

I decided to upload the new RoundEdge on the chance that the previous upload
failed due to a network glitch on my end.  Again, the upload was incomplete.  In
both attempts, exactly 20 files were uploaded, making a random glitch unlikely.
I used different Web clients for the two uploads, so that isn't the issue
either.

As before, the missing files are all illustrations for the user manual.  They
are named roundedge_nn.jpg, where nn is a number from 14 to 30.  The images will
have to be regenerated even if you are installing over an old version of
RoundEdge, as the numbering of the illustrations has changed.  You can do this
by running POV-Ray with these command line arguments:

+iroundedge.pov +w240 +h180 declare=Rad=1 +a0.05 +am2 +r3 +kff30 +oroundedge_
+sf14

If you are using POV-Ray 3.7, add +fj Compression=90 to the command line.  If
you are using POV-Ray 3.5 or 3.6, you will need to convert the illustrations to
JPEG format.  To match the quality of the other illustrations, use quality 90
and subsampling 1x1,1x1,1x1.

Post a reply to this message