POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Welcome Server Time
26 Apr 2024 00:30:05 EDT (-0400)
  Welcome (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Chris B
Subject: Re: Welcome
Date: 16 Oct 2007 04:47:08
Message: <47147a8c@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:4713aedc$1@news.povray.org...

> "Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote in message
>> ... snip ...
>> The list of file types can be changed, so feel free to make the case for
>> any additional file types that you would like to see added to the list.
>>
>> Also, I can see that there may be occasions where we want to make one-off
>> exceptions ... snip ...
>
>     Do you mean <for example> a self-made tutorial based on a Wings model,
> and how it's used in 'my' way through PoV-Ray?
>
>          ~Steve~

Hi Steve,

To be honest it wasn't quite what I had in mind. I think that there are
better ways of doing tutorials.
The POV-Ray Links Collection has a tutorials section which includes links to
that type of tutorial.
Indeed it would be easier for you to maintain a tutorial as a web page on a
site where you can readily update text, fix typos and rework individual
graphics.

Nevertheless, if you wanted to contribute a model that you've made in Wings,
converted to a POV-Ray mesh object/include file as a standalone object in
the collection, then that would be fine. You could also submit a Web Page
along with the include file, documenting the mesh object, describing how you
created it and point the reader to other resources, such as the tutorial and
the original source file.

If you look at the 'Eye' contribution you'll see a link to 'More Details'
next to the object name. This is just a Web Page submitted with the same
name as the object (eye.htm). If the server finds such a page it
automatically adds a 'More Details' hyperlink to display it. Note that all
file names are converted to lowercase when loaded into the server, so if you
incorporate images for use in such a Web Page then you need to use lower
case image names in the SRC attribute of the IMG tag.

Regards,
Chris.

Post a reply to this message