POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Welcome : Re: Welcome Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:05:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Welcome
From: Chris B
Date: 16 Oct 2007 05:06:12
Message: <47147f04$1@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:471### [at] hotmailcom...
> Chris B wrote:
>> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:470fef4e$1@news.povray.org...
>>> "Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote in message
>>>
>>>   Chris, what type of files are perceived as ok to upload? I mean that
>>> it
>>> doesn't look like there is any option for any other file type, (unless
>>> I've not seen it) and in my case, OBJ files?
>>>
>>>     Is this possible in the future?
>>>
>>>      ~Steve~
>>>

>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> The file types currently accepted are: BMP, CSS, CSV, GIF, HTM, HTML,
>> INC, INI, JPEG, JPG, JS, MDL, PGM, PNG, POV, PPM, TGA, TIF, TIFF and TXT.
>> This is initially intended to limit contributions to those that can be
>> directly used by POV-Ray (along with HTML and associated file
>> types for documentation).
>>
> What about ZIP?

Hi Andrel,

Zips are a bit tricky and would require coding changes rather than just a
configuration change. The application code currently does a number of checks
which includes validating fie types and MIME types as well as identifying
files that it can use as thumbnails, image links and documentation for
display on the web site.

Technically it's possible to scan, validate and extract the contents of
uploaded zip files, but it's not something that the application currently
does or that'll be possible on this site in the near future.

Regards,
Chris B.