POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do I stop background colour colouring everything in my scene Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:49:54 EDT (-0400)
  How do I stop background colour colouring everything in my scene (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: cloudyroo
Subject: How do I stop background colour colouring everything in my scene
Date: 25 Feb 2019 06:05:00
Message: <web.5c73cae546af8fe2fdc0473a0@news.povray.org>
If I add a blue background to a scene with a grey floor and white sphere I end
up with a pretty blue everything (like so: https://imgur.com/a/w9dF3Q1).
Is there a way to stop this or another way to colour only the sky/background?
Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

> If I add a blue background to a scene with a grey floor and white sphere I end
> up with a pretty blue everything (like so: https://imgur.com/a/w9dF3Q1).
> Is there a way to stop this or another way to colour only the sky/background?
> Thanks!

You seem to be using radiosity; if so, try adding the keyword gray_threshold (or
grey_threshold) to that part of your scene and use a value greater than the
default of 0.
It will diminish color transference by that amount as a percentage, 0.5 being
50%.

Post a reply to this message