POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do I stop background colour colouring everything in my scene : Re: How do I stop background colour colouring everything in my scene Server Time
18 Apr 2024 15:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I stop background colour colouring everything in my scene
From: cloudyroo
Date: 25 Feb 2019 10:05:00
Message: <web.5c74035162b6255cfdc0473a0@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> "cloudyroo" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > If I add a blue background to a scene with a grey floor and white sphere I end
> > up with a pretty blue everything (like so: https://imgur.com/a/w9dF3Q1).
> > Is there a way to stop this or another way to colour only the sky/background?
> > Thanks!
>
> You seem to be using radiosity; if so, try adding the keyword gray_threshold (or
> grey_threshold) to that part of your scene and use a value greater than the
> default of 0.
> It will diminish color transference by that amount as a percentage, 0.5 being
> 50%.

Won't that lessen transference of colours from everything?
The description of background says "Any ray that does not hit an object will be
colored with this color". I'd thought that would mean it's solely a background
color and doesn't interact with the scene.
Is there no way to achieve that effect without changing the way objects in the
scene interact with eachother?