POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Returning values from macros Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:58:46 EDT (-0400)
  Returning values from macros (Message 11 to 20 of 24)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Returning values from macros
Date: 30 May 2016 18:35:00
Message: <web.574cbf2e76b80bcd71c9a5f20@news.povray.org>
> I also found this rope macro, but the referenced link doesn't wind up getting
> displayed properly in my browser (Chrome) - it looks like the source HTML, with
> all of the tags visible, and not properly formatted as HTML.   Does anyone else
> have this problem?
>
> http://lib.povray.org/collection/rope/chrisb%201.0/rope.html

The <style> element is indeed in the wrong place, but that's not why you're not
getting the images.  A few years ago, the Object Collection server was
reconfigured to serve the user manuals as plain text, for security reasons.
You'll get the same result for all HTML user manuals from the Collection.

If you download the entire module, your local copy of the user manual will
render properly in your Web browser.

If you download *only* the HTML file and view it locally, your browser will
style it as HTML.  However, the images will be missing.  You can hotlink the
images by editing the HTML file using a plain text editor, and inserting

  <base href="http://lib.povray.org/collection/rope/chrisb%201.0/">

into the <head> section.  Please note that hotlinking is normally considered
extremely bad manners, but in this case, you're just loading images that would
have been served anyway.

Post a reply to this message