POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Realistic linoleum floor tiles Server Time
28 Apr 2024 23:03:13 EDT (-0400)
  Realistic linoleum floor tiles (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Realistic linoleum floor tiles
Date: 28 Feb 2014 22:10:00
Message: <web.53114e7fcf4e1477d8e8d3ef0@news.povray.org>
Does anyone have any ideas about how to lay out a large area of standard 1-foot
square linoleum floor tiles?
I'm mostly concerned with 1) providing for a slight unevenness where the floor
tiles meet edge to edge, and getting a random orientation of the texture for
each tile.

Is there a way to modify the brick pigment pattern to obtain a grid,

or would the best bet be to iterate a thin box across the area with a normal to
give an uneven edge in the z-plane?  Maybe clip the tile with a crud-textured
box to simulate the dirt buildup in the cracks...

Post a reply to this message