POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I print a vector to the screen? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  How can I print a vector to the screen? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: How can I print a vector to the screen?
Date: 15 Apr 2002 18:42:00
Message: <chrishuff-F95170.17440315042002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3cbb4472@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

> Sebastian H. <seb### [at] webde> wrote:
> > (Beside I wrote this little macro just yesterday for myself and had
> > somwhere in mind that there exists a vstr () function which takes soooo
> > many args :-).)
>
>   You can use vstr() in your macro.

And the strings.inc include file has several shortcut macros, including
versions that take only one argument, the vector to be converted.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Hertel
Date: 24 Apr 2002 11:08:50
Message: <3cc6ca82@news.povray.org>
> I'd be grateful if someone could post an example of how to center an
object.

Use the Center_Object() macro in "shapes.inc"
The syntax is: Center_Object(object_to_center, axis_to_center_on)
Axis can be combined, if you want to center the object at y and z axis, use
y+z .

#include "shapes.inc"
#declare Object = text{ttf "arial.ttf" "Look! I'm centered!!" 0.5,0 pigment
{rgb 1}}
Center_Object(Object,x+y+z)

This should do the trick..

--