POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : image map and batch render Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:03:46 EDT (-0400)
  image map and batch render (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Peter bates
Subject: image map and batch render
Date: 4 Mar 2022 09:35:00
Message: <web.622221a363092888b54f4c53223435db@news.povray.org>
Platfor: in 10
Version: 3.7

Hi  all!

I have 1500 stl files to convert to jpg images. I used stl2inc to create the
files and renamed the objects inside the .inc definitions to the same, to make
the povray script easier.

1) I am using a bmp image of a piece of wood (attached) to imagemap onto a block
for the base of the scene (.pov also attached). This results in a
blurry/stretched image - how can this be fixed?

2) How can I run the same .pov scene file on each .inc file? My idea is: use
python to create .pov files by changing the #define foo.inc line for each inc
file, creating a batch of .pov files that can then be run in Windows batch. Is
there a better way?

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cutterscene2.rar.dat' (2946 KB)

"Peter.bates" <Pet### [at] livecoza> wrote:
> Platfor: in 10
> Version: 3.7
>
> Hi  all!
>
> I have 1500 stl files to convert to jpg images. I used stl2inc to create the
> files and renamed the objects inside the .inc definitions to the same, to make
> the povray script easier.
>
> 1) I am using a bmp image of a piece of wood (attached) to imagemap onto a block
> for the base of the scene (.pov also attached). This results in a
> blurry/stretched image - how can this be fixed?

(guessing) make sure aspect ratio + scaling .. are in harmony.

> 2) How can I run the same .pov scene file on each .inc file? My idea is: use
> python to create .pov files by changing the #define foo.inc line for each inc
> file, creating a batch of .pov files that can then be run in Windows batch. Is
> there a better way?

you could use the command-line "constant" to supply (part of) a filename.
<https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Scene_Parsing_Options>

(though you'll need to find the right combination of quotes + apostrophes around
the value(s).  sorry, not using MS Win)

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

"Peter.bates" <Pet### [at] livecoza> wrote:
> Platfor: in 10
> Version: 3.7
>
> Hi  all!
>
> I have 1500 stl files to convert to jpg images. I used stl2inc to create the
> files and renamed the objects inside the .inc definitions to the same, to make
> the povray script easier.
>
> 1) I am using a bmp image of a piece of wood (attached) to imagemap onto a block
> for the base of the scene (.pov also attached). This results in a
> blurry/stretched image - how can this be fixed?

Your image is 977x1526.
POV-Ray will import this and map it to a 1-POV-unit square.
So what you need to do is scale that texture to resize back to the right aspect
ratio.   (Just like jr said)

> 2) How can I run the same .pov scene file on each .inc file? My idea is: use
> python to create .pov files by changing the #define foo.inc line for each inc
> file, creating a batch of .pov files that can then be run in Windows batch. Is
> there a better way?

If you name all of your files in sequential numerical order, you can use the
animation feature, and use the frame number or the clock value to choose the
right file.  Just concatenate everything into a string and use that for the
filename.

- Bill

Post a reply to this message