POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Finding extents of an object Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Finding extents of an object (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Herbert Pflaum
Subject: Finding extents of an object
Date: 15 Jun 2021 13:14:40
Message: <60c8e000$1@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

I would like to render an object using POV-Ray and it works nicely for
the most part. The issue is that I have varying objects that I'm
rendering (the POV-Ray source is generated) and they are varying in
their position and size. I always view them in orthographic projection
from a 45° angle (i.e., object at 0,0,0 camera at 10,10,10 look_at 0,0,0).

This works fairly well but I would like the rendering output to be so
that the object is not clipped but also takes up most of the screen real
estate. I do this currently by manually varying the "angle" operator
(i.e., for small objects, small angle and for large objects a large angle).

I want this do be done automatically but I don't know where to start.
Any hints on how to achieve this?

Thanks,
Herbert

Post a reply to this message