POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 2D line drawing? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  2D line drawing? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Dennis Miller
Subject: 2D line drawing?
Date: 11 Aug 2002 21:15:51
Message: <3d570c47$1@news.povray.org>
What's the easiest way to create a simple vertical or horizontal solid line
in POV? Wouldn't a "line" object be useful:

line {line_start, line_end; width}

or something like that? I don't want to have to use the edge of a 3D object
to get this effect.
Thanks much,
Dennis

Post a reply to this message

> What's the easiest way to create a simple vertical or horizontal solid line
> in POV? Wouldn't a "line" object be useful:
>
> line {line_start, line_end; width}
>
> or something like that? I don't want to have to use the edge of a 3D object
> to get this effect.

You can use a zero thickness box - i.e. box{<-1,-.05,0,>,<1,.05,0>}

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message