POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 2D line drawing? : Re: 2D line drawing? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2D line drawing?
From: nospam
Date: 19 Sep 2002 23:18:49
Message: <3d87406e.6577283@localhost>
On Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:15:14 -0400, "Dennis Miller"
<dhm### [at] attbicom> wrote:

>What's the easiest way to create a simple vertical or horizontal solid line
>in POV? Wouldn't a "line" object be useful:
>
>line {line_start, line_end; width}
>
>or something like that? I don't want to have to use the edge of a 3D object
>to get this effect.
>Thanks much,
>Dennis

Don't know exactly what you are doing but you might want
to try an orthogrphic camera.  Then use a cylinder to draw
each line.  To make the line the thickness of one screen
pixel in a resolution independant way, set the thickness
of the cylinder to be (1 / image_height) or maybe to
(0.5 * (1 / image_height)).  Hope this helps.

Oh!  This is a v3.5-only trick, just so you know.