POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dual processor Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Dual processor (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Acidd UK
Subject: Dual processor
Date: 5 Aug 2002 10:45:11
Message: <web.3d4e8e7e47d8bb0cb7fd4d090@news.povray.org>
Hi,

My first post here so please be kind - hopefully this is the correct group
and the question hasn't been answered recently (I did try searching for
related topics)

Ok, I am running a dual 1Ghz linux box and was wondering if there's any way
to fully automate rendering scenes? I know I could run two instances of POV
with the top and bottom halves of the image but since I'm playing with
radiosity and I also like the mosaic preview, is there any way to basically
double my render speed and keep the preview / ease of use? I'm currently
using a shell script to render with the options I want so adding a bit to
that wouldn't be too bad. Any help is appreciated,

Cheers,

Tom

PS Anyone with suggestion on what to add to an "Aztec temple at sunset"
picture let me know :) It's currently a bit basic (stepped pyramid on bad
grass :)

Post a reply to this message

> PS Anyone with suggestion on what to add to an "Aztec temple at sunset"
> picture let me know :)

How about an Aztec temple and a sunset?

> It's currently a bit basic (stepped pyramid on bad
> grass :)

Ah - well you're half-way there. Shame about the bad grass - was it oregano or
something?

Post a reply to this message