POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Saving output as 16bit grayscale PNG Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Saving output as 16bit grayscale PNG (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jong
Subject: Saving output as 16bit grayscale PNG
Date: 18 Jul 2002 05:29:15
Message: <3d368a6b$1@news.povray.org>
Dear all,

 I'd like to save my raytraced image as 16bit/color PNG and eventually
convert the PNG into either 16bit grayscale PNG or 16bit grayscale TIF,
which would result in a range of zero to 65,535 steps in gray level.
When I write down the +FN16, would this be a compressed 16bit per color PNG?
Would there be any other options inside the POV-ray with which I could save
it as 16bit grayscale PNG or 16bit grayscale TIF?

Thanks,

Jong

Post a reply to this message

>  I'd like to save my raytraced image as 16bit/color PNG and eventually
> convert the PNG into either 16bit grayscale PNG or 16bit grayscale TIF,
> which would result in a range of zero to 65,535 steps in gray level.
> When I write down the +FN16, would this be a compressed 16bit per color PNG?
> Would there be any other options inside the POV-ray with which I could save
> it as 16bit grayscale PNG or 16bit grayscale TIF?

When you use '+fn16' you will get a 3x16 bit rgb PNG file.  When
specifying 'hf_gray_16 on' in global_settings you will always get a 16 bit
grayscale PNG with '+fn'.  Same applies for PPM (+fp).

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 15 Jul. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______