POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Saving output as 16bit grayscale PNG : Saving output as 16bit grayscale PNG Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Saving output as 16bit grayscale PNG
From: Jong
Date: 18 Jul 2002 05:29:15
Message: <3d368a6b$1@news.povray.org>
Dear all,

 I'd like to save my raytraced image as 16bit/color PNG and eventually
convert the PNG into either 16bit grayscale PNG or 16bit grayscale TIF,
which would result in a range of zero to 65,535 steps in gray level.
When I write down the +FN16, would this be a compressed 16bit per color PNG?
Would there be any other options inside the POV-ray with which I could save
it as 16bit grayscale PNG or 16bit grayscale TIF?

Thanks,

Jong