POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : "repeat warp" for "object pattern"? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  "repeat warp" for "object pattern"? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Florian Pesth
Subject: "repeat warp" for "object pattern"?
Date: 22 May 2002 14:57:35
Message: <3cebea1f@news.povray.org>
Hi all!
There's something I still can't find in the documentation. In Section 6.7.12
about Pattern Modifiers it is:
"The general purpose pattern modifiers in the following sections can be used
with pigment, normal, texture, or density patterns."
So I'm not allowed to use a "repeat warp" for an object pattern? Is there a
workaround for this purpose or do I have to use loops?
Best regards,
Florian

Post a reply to this message

"Florian Pesth" <fpe### [at] compuservede> wrote in message
> Hi all!
> There's something I still can't find in the documentation. In Section 6.7.12
> about Pattern Modifiers it is:
> "The general purpose pattern modifiers in the following sections can be used
> with pigment, normal, texture, or density patterns."
> So I'm not allowed to use a "repeat warp" for an object pattern? Is there a
> workaround for this purpose or do I have to use loops?
> Best regards,
> Florian

Do you mean something like the following?

// warp with object pattern test in version 3.5 beta.
camera { location <0, 0, -7.75> look_at 0 }
light_source { <10, 10, -10> rgb 1 }
box { <-5,-1,0>, <5,1,1>
  pigment { object { sphere { <0.5,0,0>, 0.45 } rgb <0,0,1>, rgb <0,1,0> } warp {
repeat x } }
}

--
Robert Chaffe
http://www.donovansweb.com/~chaffe/

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 22 May 2002 14:58:05 -0500, Florian Pesth wrote:

> Hi all!
> There's something I still can't find in the documentation. In Section
> 6.7.12 about Pattern Modifiers it is: "The general purpose pattern
> modifiers in the following sections can be used with pigment, normal,
> texture, or density patterns." So I'm not allowed to use a "repeat warp"
> for an object pattern? Is there a workaround for this purpose or do I
> have to use loops? Best regards, Florian

It doesn't say anything about specific patterns. It lists "pigment,
normal, texture, or density patterns"...in other words, pretty much any
pattern. The object pattern can be used for all of these, and the pattern
modifiers work fine for it.

POV-Ray TAG e-mail: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
WWW: http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/

Post a reply to this message