POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do I get sharp edges with a cylinder light? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  How do I get sharp edges with a cylinder light? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: KalleK
Subject: How do I get sharp edges with a cylinder light?
Date: 21 Apr 2002 11:01:56
Message: <3cc2d464$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all!

I tried to set falloff and radius the same but in difference to spotlight,
this doesn't make my cylinderlight sharp. What does radius and falloff mean
when used with cylinder? The help says, they have the same function as with
spotlight, but there seems to be a huge difference concerning falloff
together with radius.

By the way, I'm using 3.5 beta, there's a note in the helpsection 6.5.7.3
Cylindrical Lights that says:
"You should keep in mind that the cylindrical light source is still a point
light source. The rays are emitted from one point and are only constraint by
a cylinder. The light rays are not parallel."
Maybe it could be added that one can in fact make them parallel by using the
keywort parallel.

Thank you in advance

cukk

Post a reply to this message